Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Live Blog 10/17!!!

What's up y'all. Mike here. Live blogging the crap out of this trivia tonight. See how this goes.

- My favorite trio. The cold cut, obviously.

- I never got to see Alex Karras play football, but he was a hell of a TV dad. Top 3 dads who adopted African American kids ever.

- Do we really need to see the Vikings play in Vietnam?

- I hope the Yankees just get destroyed tonight folks. 19-2 Detroit is this gent's prediction. Let's see how it plays out.

- Did you guys just boo a history question? Gayus? I'm sure he never got picked on. Joe just called biopics sexy. Have movie biopics been sexy since JFK or Harry and the Hendersons? Didn't think so.

- Holy crap! There was a Twins player that worked at the Sports Page? Trivia is all about learning. Maybe Christina Aguilera's dad, the closer?

- Pop music is weird. Don't get me wrong, I love it. Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jepsen, Gangnam Style, etc. Why do I like bad things?

- Break time. What a highly contested..um... contest so far. We're in for a good one, folks. It's anyone's ball game. Cliches a plenty. Forgive me. I'm trying my damndest to add some substance here. Obviously, killing it.

- Guys, real talk here. Ned and Brady are the coolest people in this room. I just got a cupcake for being here. Best day ever?

- Sorry for the volume on the tunes this evening. I don't have my computer tonight. I'm using my brother's smut machine and didn't realize you had to turn the volume on the computer as well as iTunes to play music loud.

- Forgot about this. I got distracted by booze, onion rings, and cupcakes. Priorities, friends. Rain delay in Detroit is kind of a bummer. I like to pronounce Detroit as De-TWA. I love the French, it's in my Asian blood.

- Theme nights were discussed. I wish everyone could hear us brainstorm our ideas. From Taylor Swift night to WWE wrestling night, complete with an image round of us performing wrestling moves on one another. I'm putting someone in a figure four leglock.

- Fun fact, Seinfeld is being played at the Sports Page right now. Closed captioning on one tv, closed captioning off on the other. I can confess I've only seen one episode of that show and didn't think too highly of it. I also hate the theme diddy they use.

- I don't understand heckling sometimes. We just asked the undefeated team question and someone heckled "that team sucks!" Um...they haven't lost yet. Opposite of sucking, heckler, but thank you for hanging out with us.

- Hmm...this reminds me why I don't tweet.

Saw this for the first time today and I can't get the image out of my head. 

- My least favorite song ever is Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'". Noah just revealed to me the equivalent to him is the song "Your Love" by The Outfield. I revealed to him, we can no longer be friends.

- End of round 2. Break and grading time are upon us. I like reading your intentionally bad guesses. I've got to bring more prizes to award good incorrect answers. Add it to the "to-do" list.

- I just mispronounced the name Melchior/Melichior. Forgive me. He was my least favorite and probably least wise man.

- The girliest looking Hanson boy has 5 kids. Believe it. Ok, let's end on that note. Good hang guys, let's do it again next week. Congrats to Kempy's for a dominant performance. Ok...see ya.

Finding new ways to waste your time,
Mike Manosack





No comments:

Post a Comment