Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vacation time continues, no trivia tonight.



Hey guys, Mike here. Another week off tonight. Hope that Sports Page is sparkling when we return! In the meantime, we will enjoy catching up on sleep. (Separate beds and locations despite popular belief.)

Blurbs to keep you occupied in the meantime. This is stuff we probably would have talked about today.

- Justin Bieber has announced he's returning to the Target Center on October 20th. If that's on a Wednesday, you guys may have substitute hosts. Hold on, here while I check (intermission music) .... it's a Saturday, we're good.

- Keep dropping Facebook stock, I want to buy you.

- Saw two movies in the theatre during the break. The Avengers and Think Like A Man. Definitely recommend checking out The Avengers. From the box office totals coming out, looks like everyone already has. For what it's worth, coolest to lamest goes as follows: Iron Man, Hulk, Scarlett Johansson, Thor, everyone else, Captain America. As far as Think Like A Man goes, Kevin Hart had some great one liners here and there, but the story itself was pretty weak.

- Brunch at Barbette. Thumbs up! Buckwheat crepe with eggs and gruyere, topped with strawberries, it was fantastic. Speaking of food, I really want a Salami Hoagie on Ciabatta from Davanni's, their marketing strategy is really working on me.

- Dancing with the Stars is my dad's favorite show. Competitive dancing and my dad watches every second of it. He watches it without my mom. I feel like decision making like this has influenced how weird I turned out.

- R.I.P. Donna Summer and Robin Gibb. I wasn't around for either one of their heydays, but I do appreciate their impact on music. "How Deep Is Your Love" is one of my favorite songs ever. Worth a watch HERE.

- Sports Roundup:

Twins are still bad but I like the emergence of Scott Diamond, P.J. Walters, and Brian Dozier. Those are all real players doing really clutch things. Hopefully, they provide some positive entertainment for us this summer.

NBA Finals prediction, Oklahoma City over Miami 4-2. Book it.

Mock drafts for fantasy football are available to do at Fantasyfootballcalculator.com. Consider more of my work day productivity wasted.

- Finally, if anyone has good tips with coaching youth sports, we will listen. Noah and I have taken the task of coaching a rec league baseball team of 10-11th graders. Pray for us.


We miss you guys, but the return is forthcoming. Enjoy Memorial weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment